Wills & Powers of Attorney

Setting aside time to make or update your will is time well spent. In the event that you die without a will in place, then the Administration Act 1969 applies which effectively means that someone else will decide how your estate is distributed.

At David J Brown & Associates, we can simplify the process of making a last will and testament. Ensure your peace of mind, book an appointment to make or update your will today.

David J Brown and Associates in Titirangi – Advice: Wills

Matters to consider – Individuals

Matters to consider – Couples

Wills – Why – What if no will – Our Processes – Form of the will

Enduring Powers of Attorney

It is possible to have Enduring Powers of Attorney (Property) and (Personal Care and Welfare) in case you lose mental capacity in the future. An Enduring Power of Attorney is a legal document giving someone the authority to act for you when you lose the ability to make decisions for yourself.

Property obviously relates to property. Personal Care and Welfare really means a decision by your attorney as to where you live if you lose mental capacity.

New comprehensive forms came into effect through change in legislation in September 2008. A lawyer now has to certify as witness for the person giving the power of attorney. The lawyer cannot also witness the signatures of the attorney.

A number of decisions need to be made when putting Enduring Powers of Attorney into effect. David J Brown & Associates are experienced with these matters and can help you with the choices to be made. Call us today.

David J Brown and Associates in Titirangi – Advice: Enduring Powers of Attorney

Enduring Powers of Attorney – Advice – Why?, How?, When?, Cost? – March 2014

Enduring Powers of Attorney – What if You Lose Mental Capacity, Summary of the Forms – March 2014